Support and Volunteer Opportunities All of us--farmers, city dwellers, business people, landowners, corporate leaders, public officials, and civic groups alike--have a stake in the future of Texas' landscapes. You can help the Pines and Prairies Land Trust preserve the forests, farmlands, prairies, rivers and wetlands so important to our quality of life in many ways:
- Contribute at any level to our general fund or to a project of particular interest to you. Any gift of real estate--homes, farms, buildings, lots, or commercial property--can provide substantial support for PPLT's ongoing land conservation efforts while providing tax benefits to the donor. You'll receive our seasonal newsletter, Pines and Prairies, which will keep you informed of current conservation activities and explain how to stay involved. You'll also receive invitations to special PPLT events such as field days at our preserves and conservation easements.
- Volunteer for one of our conservation projects. Trail trimming, biological inventories, tree plantings, guiding tours, and office tasks are some needs that arise frequently.
- Donate a conservation easement to the Pines and Prairies Land Trust. Besides tax savings, the greatest reward for most landowners is the knowledge that their lands' special features will be protected forever.
- Create a "family legacy" by including the Pines and Prairies Land Trust in your estate planning. you ensure that your kids and grandkids can enjoy the rich, natural landscapes you see today. A planned gift to PPLT can reduce the estate tax burden for your heirs. An estate planner or tax attorney is necessary for this step.
- Help spread PPLT's preservation message to your neighbors and associates. Permanently protected land aids communities in planning for future growth and maintaining a high quality of life.
- Help us put together a scrapbook! Click here for more into.